Terms of Service
Plinner.com is owned and operated by Mega Ph FZC, a U.A.E. company, and is subject to U.A.E. laws and jurisdiction. The original version of these Terms of Service (and any other terms, policies, or guidelines that we provide to you) are written in English. To the extent any translated version of these Terms of Service (or any other terms, policies, or guidelines that we provide to you) conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. PLINNER.COM MAY CONTAIN PICTURES OF AND AUDIOVISUAL WORKS DEPICTING NUDE FEMALES AND MALES ENGAGING IN SEXUAL ACTIVITIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING THIS SERVICE, AND BY MERELY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO CONTENT THAT IS OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OBJECTIONABLE. THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE/SERVER IS ADULT ORIENTED AND/OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT AND IS RELATED TO MATERIAL OF AN ADULT NATURE. THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS UNDER WHICH MEGA OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO ITS WEBSITE AND SERVICES. ACCESS IS MADE AVAILABLE ONLY TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT:
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO ACCESS AND USE MEGA’S WEBSITE AND SERVICES.
End User License Agreement & Terms of Service
Material Terms: As provided in greater detail in this Agreement (and without limiting the express language of this Agreement), you acknowledge the following: the Service is licensed, not sold to you, and that you may use the Service only as set forth in this Agreement;
the use of the Service may be subject to separate third-party terms of service and fees, including, without limitation, your mobile network operator’s terms of service and fees, including fees charged for data usage and overage, which are your sole responsibility;
You shall have all proper model releases, permission to use images, as well as age verification of all performers are maintained as required by the Federal Government and pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §2257 and the person responsible for maintaining the records is you.
the Website and Service is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind and MEGA’s liability to you is limited;
1. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Service is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this Agreement. MEGA reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, MEGA hereby grants you a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Service on a single compatible device that you own or control, solely for your own private, personal, non-commercial use. You may not make the Service available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute or sublicense the Service. You may not attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Service, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law). If you breach these license restrictions or the restrictions set forth in Section 10, or otherwise exceed the scope of the licenses granted herein, then you may be subject to prosecution and damages, as well as liability for infringement of intellectual property rights. The terms of this Agreement will govern any updates provided to you by MEGA that replace and/or supplement the original Service, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license or revised Agreement, in which case the terms of that license or revised Agreement will govern.
A. For purposes of this Agreement: (1) the term "Content" means a creative expression and includes, without limitation, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, logos, tools, written posts, replies, comments, information, data, text, software, scripts, executable files, graphics, Themes (as defined below), and interactive features, any of which may be generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services; (2) the term " Subscriber Content" means Content that a Subscriber submits, transfers, or otherwise provides to the Services. Content includes, without limitation, all Subscriber Content.
Subscribers retain ownership and/or other applicable rights in Subscriber Content, and Plinner and/or third parties retain ownership and/or other applicable rights in all Content other than Subscriber Content.
You retain ownership you have of any intellectual property you post to Plinner.
When you provide Subscriber Content to Plinner through the Services, you grant Plinner a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform it to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), and create derivative works of, such Subscriber Content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purposes of allowing Plinner to operate the Services in accordance with their functionality, improve and promote the Services, and develop new Services. The reference in this license to "creat[ing] derivative works" is not intended to give Plinner a right to make substantive editorial changes or derivations, but does, for example, enable reblogging, which allows Plinner Subscribers to redistribute Subscriber Content from one Plinner blog to another in a manner that allows them to add their own text or other Content before or after your Subscriber Content. When you upload your creations to Plinner, you’re giving us permission to make them available in all the ways you would expect us to (for example, via your blog, RSS, the Plinner Dashboard, etc.). We never want to do anything with your work that surprises you.
You also agree that this license includes the right for Plinner to make all publicly-posted Content available to third parties selected by Plinner, so that those third parties can syndicate and/or analyze such Content on other media and services.
An example of what it means to "make all publicly-posted Content available" to a Plinner partner for distribution or analysis would be licensing the Plinner "firehose," a live feed of all public activity on Plinner, to partners like search engines.
Note also that this license to your Subscriber Content continues even if you stop using the Services, primarily because of the social nature of Content shared through Plinner’s Services - when you post something publicly, others may choose to comment on it, making your Content part of a social conversation that can’t later be erased without retroactively censoring the speech of others.
One thing you should consider before posting: When you make something publicly available on the Internet, it becomes practically impossible to take down all copies of it. You also agree that you will respect the intellectual property rights of others and represent and warrant that you have all of the necessary rights to grant us this license for all Subscriber Content you transfer to us.
Content License to You:
As a Subscriber of the Services, Plinner grants you a worldwide, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to download, store, view, display, perform, redistribute, and create derivative works of Content solely in connection with your use of, and in strict accordance with the functionality and restrictions of, the Services (including, without limitation, Paid Services, as defined below). This means, for example, that we license Content to you for purposes of reblogging. Compliance with Community Guidelines:
You agree that you won't violate Plinner's Community Guidelines.
Termination and Deletion:
2. GENERAL. A. Description of Services. The “Service(s)” means, collectively, MEGA’s: (a) audiovisual service offering access to a selection of audiovisual works and other content (the “Service”), whether available through our Website located at www.plinner.com (the “Website”) or through any software applications made available for mobile devices (“Service Applications”); (b) all software, external players, buttons and widgets, data, text, images, sounds, video, graphics and photos made available by MEGA through any of the foregoing; and (c) any updates, new versions, new releases, additional features and functionality that MEGA may offer in connection with the foregoing ((a)-(c) collectively, the “Content”).
B. Registration. As a condition to using certain of the Services and in order for us to provide them to you, you may be required to create an account (an " Account"), provide your age and an email address and select a password and Plinner username, which will serve as a default link to your default Plinner blog of the form [username].Plinner.com (a " Plinner URL"). You must select a different Plinner URL for each new blog you create. You agree to provide Plinner with accurate, complete, and updated registration information, particularly your email address. It's really important that the email address associated with your Plinner account is accurate and up-to-date. If you ever forget your password - or worse, fall victim to a malicious phishing attack - a working email address is often the only way for us to recover your account. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for the security of your Account, and you will notify Plinner immediately of any actual or suspected loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your Account or Account password.
C. Changes to the Service. MEGA may at its sole discretion and from time to time change, add or remove features and functionality of the Service without any notice to you. MEGA reserves the right to discontinue some or all of the features of the Service at any time at its sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that MEGA will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. If you are dissatisfied with any changes to the Service, then your sole option is to discontinue or terminate your use of the Service as described herein.
B. Mobile Services. The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (a) the ability to browse the Service from a mobile device; and (b) the ability to access certain features of the Service through Service Applications downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent that you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply, and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all such fees and charges. In addition, your carrier may restrict downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices.
B. Accuracy of Information. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested in any registration forms and to update the information about yourself promptly, and as necessary, to keep it current and accurate. C. Children. The Website, Service, and Mobile Service is not intended for children and you agree that you are over the age of 18 years and that you will not use, display, show or otherwise use the Service in the presence of children. MEGA does not seek to gather information from or about children under the age of 18 through the Service. The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. You must be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction to use the Service. By using the Service, you affirm that you are (a) either above the age of majority in your jurisdiction; and (b) are fully able and competent to enter into and abide by the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement.
5. ADVERTISEMENTS. A. Third Party Advertisements. MEGA may display advertisements for the goods and services of third parties or other promotional materials on the Service. Your dealings with, or participation in, promotions of any third-party advertisers on the Service, are solely between you and such third party, and your participation is subject to any terms and conditions associated with that advertisement or promotion. MEGA does not endorse or represent such third parties, and by using the Service, you agree that MEGA is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or the presence of such third parties on the Service. B. Third Party Sites. The Service may also include links to third party Websites or third-party services that are not owned or operated by MEGA (collectively, “Third-Party Sites”). MEGA does not endorse or represent such third parties and MEGA is not responsible for the availability of these Third-Party Sites, or any products, services and/or content contained therein. You agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your use of or reliance on any Third-Party Sites. Certain functionalities of the Service may also require that you agree to additional terms and conditions of Third Party Sites. You agree that you are solely responsible for your acceptance of and compliance with such terms and conditions whenever you use or access such Third-Party Sites.
6. SPECIAL NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL USE; EXPORT CONTROLS. Software available in connection with the Service, the Content, and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. You use the Service and related software at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content. MEGA makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use in any particular location.
7. CONTENT YOU SUBMIT; LICENSE GRANTS FROM YOU. A. User Content. This Section governs any material that you post, send or transmit (collectively, “Post”) through the Service, including, by way of example and not limitation, photographs, graphics, images, text, musical works, sound recordings, digital phonorecord deliveries, and any other content, materials or works subject to protection under the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, patent, trademark, trade secret, and copyright laws (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for securing the rights to any and all User Content you Post to or through the Service. B. License Grants to MEGA and other Users. (1) LICENSE GRANT. BY POSTING USER CONTENT TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, YOU HEREBY GRANT TO MEGA (AND MEGA’S ASSIGNEES, DESIGNEES, SUCCESSORS, LICENSEES, AND SUB-LICENSEES) AN UNRESTRICTED, PERPETUAL, ASSIGNABLE, SUBLICENSABLE, REVOCABLE, ROYALTY-FREE, FULLY PAID UP LICENSE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD TO REPRODUCE, MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, DISPLAY, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT, COMMUNICATE TO THE PUBLIC, MAKE AVAILABLE, BROADCAST, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, PUBLICLY PERFORM (INCLUDING ON A THROUGH-TO-THE AUDIENCE BASIS), DELIVER AND PUBLICLY PERFORM DIGITAL PHONORECORDS, AND OTHERWISE USE AND EXPLOIT (COLLECTIVELY, “USE”) ALL USER CONTENT YOU POST TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, THROUGH ANY MEDIA AND FORMATS NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, (A) IN CONNECTION WITH OR ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES AND PLATFORMS WHERE THE SERVICE IS SYNDICATED; AND (B) TO ADVERTISE, MARKET AND PROMOTE THE AVAILABILITY OF USER CONTENT AND THE SERVICE. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE ONLY AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING LICENSE, MEGA WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSERT, PLACE OR INCLUDE ALL TYPES OF ADVERTISEMENTS WITHIN OR AROUND USER CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RUNNING OR STREAMING PRE-ROLLS, MID-ROLLS, POST-ROLLS, DISPLAY ADS, OVERLAYS, BANNERS, CAMPAIGN AND COMPANION ADS AND ANY OTHER TYPE OF ADVERTISING, WHETHER AUDIO, VISUAL, OR AUDIOVISUAL UNITS IN CONNECTION WITH USER CONTENT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE PRECEDING SENTENCES OF THIS SECTION, IF YOU REMOVE ANY OF YOUR USER CONTENT USING FUNCTIONALITIES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, THEN YOU AGREE TO, AND HEREBY DO GRANT, MEGA A PERPETUAL AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE TO USE ANY BACKUP COPIES OF YOUR USER CONTENT THAT MEGA MADE PRIOR TO YOUR REMOVAL OF YOUR USER CONTENT AND IN THE ORDINARY COURSE OF BUSINESS.
(2) License for Name, Image, Voice, and Likeness. You further hereby grant MEGA a royalty-free license to Use your name, image, voice, trademarks, logos, monikers, and likeness (and that of any person identifiable in any User Content you posted to or through the Service) made available by or on your behalf through the Service in conjunction with your User Content. The foregoing license in the immediately preceding sentence will survive the termination of your account with respect to any of your User Content Posted to the Service prior to such termination.
C. Limited Waiver of Rights. You waive any and all rights of privacy, rights of publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with your User Content, or any portion thereof. To the extent any moral rights are not transferable or assignable, you hereby waive and agree never to assert any and all moral rights, or to support, maintain or permit any action based on any moral rights that you may have in or with respect to any of your User Content Posted to the Service, during the term of this Agreement. You expressly release MEGA and all of MEGA’s agents, partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, or causes of action, whether now known or unknown, for defamation, copyright infringement, violation of moral rights, and invasion of the rights to privacy, right to publicity, or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the Use of your User Content as authorized in this Agreement. D. Representations and Warranties With Respect to Your User Content. Except for materials provided to you by MEGA through the Service, you represent, warrant, and covenant that (1) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all of your User Content, or you have all rights, licenses, consents, and releases that are necessary to grant to MEGA the rights in your User Content as contemplated under this Agreement; and (2) neither your User Content nor your creation of, accessing, posting, submission or transmission of your User Content will (x) infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any party or entity, including a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy or other intellectual property or proprietary rights; (y) constitute or result in defamation, libel, slander, or the violation of any applicable law or regulation (including, without limitation, restrictions on obscenity, child pornography, wiretap laws or other similar restrictions on nonconsensual recording, or otherwise); or (z) require MEGA to obtain any licenses from or make any payments in any amounts to any third party throughout the world. E. Proof of Rights Clearance. MEGA may require you to provide sufficient evidence of having all necessary rights, licenses, authorizations, permissions, and clearances for any of your User Content that you Post to the Service, and if you fail to provide such evidence within a reasonable period of time (as determined by MEGA in its sole discretion), then MEGA may remove some or all of your User Content from the Service and/or terminate your account, without any liability to you. You are solely responsible for keeping copies of such evidence.
F. Monitoring. MEGA has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Service, and User Content, and may remove any User Content from the Service for any reason in its sole discretion at any time, without notice and without any liability to you. You acknowledge that MEGA may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service without notice to you, including, without limitation, the maximum period of time that User Content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on MEGA’s servers on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that MEGA may preserve any Content and may also disclose any Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (4) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MEGA, its Users and the public. You understand that MEGA does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content and will have no responsibility or liability for User Content that is deleted from the Service.
8. USE RESTRICTIONS. Your rights to use the Service and the MEGA Content are expressly conditioned on the following: A. You may access the Service for your personal entertainment purposes only solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under this Agreement.
B. You may not copy, distribute, re-sell, alter, modify, create derivative works of, sell, license or in any way exploit any part of the Service or any MEGA Content. C. You agree not to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, transmit, stream or broadcast any part of the Service or MEGA Content without MEGA’s prior written authorization, including, by way of example and not limitation, by doing or engaging in any of the following without MEGA’s prior express written consent: 1) altering, defacing, mutilating or otherwise bypassing any approved software through which the Service is made available; and 2) using any trademarks, service marks, design marks, logos, photographs or other content belonging to MEGA or obtained from the Service. D. You agree not to bypass, circumvent, damage or otherwise interfere with any security or other features of the Service designed to control the manner in which the Service is used, harvest or mine MEGA Content from the Service, or otherwise access or use the Service in a manner inconsistent with individual human usage.
E. You agree not to undertake, cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of any aspect of the Service or MEGA Content or any part thereof, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except and solely to the extent permitted by this Agreement, the authorized features of the Service or MEGA Content, or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Service other than as intended by MEGA.
F. You agree not to use, display, mirror, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Service or the MEGA Content, or any portion thereof, through any other application or Website, unless and solely to the extent MEGA makes available the means for embedding any part of the Service or the MEGA Content.
G. You agree not to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, MEGA’s (and its hosting company’s) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of MEGA’s providers.
H. You agree not to harass, abuse, harm or advocate or incite harassment, abuse or harm of another person or group, including MEGA employees.
I. You agree not to provide any false personal information to MEGA.
J. You agree not to create a false identify or impersonate another person or entity in any way.
K. You agree not to create a new account with MEGA, without MEGA’s express written consent if MEGA has previously disabled, suspended or terminated an account of yours for any reason whatsoever.
L. You agree not to solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from other Users.
M. You agree not to restrict, discourage or inhibit any person from using the Service, disclose personal information about a third person on the Service or obtained from the Service without the consent of such person, or collect information about Users of the Service.
N. You agree not to use the Service, without MEGA’s express written consent, for any commercial purpose, including reselling, distributing, or communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation.
O. You agree not to gain unauthorized access to the Service, to other Users’ accounts, names or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or Websites connected or linked to the Service.
P. You agree not to Post, transmit or otherwise make available, including in any of your User Content, any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to disable, overburden, impair, damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Service or MEGA Content or communications equipment and computers connected to the Service.
Q. You agree not to Post any User Content that is or could be interpreted to be defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, objectionable, or hateful, or that promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, or hatred, as determined by MEGA in its sole discretion.
R. You agree not to Post any User Content that does or could be claimed to infringe any third party intellectual property or other rights, including the rights of privacy, publicity and confidentiality.
S. You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Service, networks or servers connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks or servers.
T. You agree not to violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations (including, without limitation, any traffic laws and rules applicable when you use the Service in a vehicle) or this Agreement through the use of the Service.
U. You agree not to assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
V. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT ANY AND ALL VIOLATIONS OF PARAGRAPH 8 CAN AND WILL BE MET WITH LITIGATION INSTITUTED BY MEGA AGAINST YOU AND/OR THE ACCOUNT HOLDER OF THE INTERNET SERVICE THROUGH WHICH SUCH ACTIVITY OCCURRED.
9. SECURITY. You understand that the operation of the Service, including User Content, may be unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices; and (c) transmission to MEGA’s third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and maintain the Service and Content. MEGA will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use of your or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Content.
10. OWNERSHIP. The Service, Content, and the media and materials contained therein, including all intellectual property rights therein, is the sole and exclusive property of MEGA and its licensors. Except for the limited license expressly granted by and to you under this Agreement, no other rights, licenses, or immunities are granted or will be deemed to be granted under this Agreement, either expressly, or by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
11. FEEDBACK. While our own staff is continually working to develop and evaluate our own product ideas and features, we pride ourselves on paying close attention to the interests, feedback, comments, and suggestions we receive from Users. If you choose to contribute by sending MEGA or our employees any ideas for products, services, features, modifications, enhancements, content, refinements, technologies, content offerings (such as audiovisual or other types of content), promotions, strategies, or product/feature names, or any related documentation, artwork, computer code, diagrams, or other materials (collectively “Feedback”), then regardless of what your accompanying communication may say, the following terms will apply, so that future misunderstandings can be avoided. Accordingly, by sending Feedback to MEGA, you agree that:
A. MEGA has no obligation to review, consider, or implement your Feedback, or to return to you all or part of any Feedback for any reason;
B. Feedback is provided on a non-confidential basis, and MEGA is not under any obligation to keep any Feedback you send confidential or to refrain from using or disclosing it in any way; and
C. You irrevocably grant MEGA and its successors and assigns perpetual and unlimited permission to Use the Feedback and derivatives thereof for any purpose and without restriction, free of charge and without attribution of any kind, including by making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing, and promoting commercial products and services that incorporate or embody Feedback, whether in whole or in part, and whether as provided or as modified. If you become aware of any security vulnerability in the Service or MEGA Content, then please provide us Feedback using the “Send Feedback” feature within the Service or at [email protected]
12. TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or MEGA as described in this Section.
A. Automatic Termination. Your rights under this Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from MEGA if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement (including by violating any license restriction provided herein).
B. Termination by You. You may terminate your account, this Agreement, and your right to use the Service, at any time and for any reason or no reason, by contacting MEGA Customer Support at [email protected]
C. Termination by MEGA. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, MEGA has the right to immediately disable, suspend, or terminate your account at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you. All of your User Content on the Service (if any) may be permanently deleted by MEGA at any time and for any reason in MEGA’s sole discretion, with or without notice to you. In addition, MEGA may notify authorities or take any actions it deems appropriate, without notice to you, if MEGA suspects or determines, in its own discretion, that you may have or there is a significant risk that you have: (a) failed to comply with any provision of this Agreement or any policies or rules established by MEGA through any of the foregoing; or (b) engaged in actions relating to or in the course of using the Service that may be illegal or cause liability, harm, embarrassment, harassment, abuse or disruption for you, MEGA, the Service, other Users or any other third parties.
D. Effects of Termination. After any termination of this Agreement, you understand and acknowledge that (a) MEGA will have no further obligation to provide the Service or Content to you; and (b) all licenses, and other rights granted to you in this Agreement will immediately cease. MEGA is not liable to you or any third party for termination of the Service or termination of your use of the Service. Upon any termination or suspension, you may no longer access any information that you have Posted to the Service or that is related to your account. Furthermore, MEGA will have no obligation to maintain any information stored in our database related to your account or to forward any information to you or any third party. You acknowledge and agree that MEGA will not be required to delete any of your User Content that may be stored on any servers or other back up media owned or controlled by or on behalf of MEGA following the termination of your account.
13. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold MEGA, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected to (a) your access, use, or misuse of the Service, or MEGA Content; (b) your User Content; or (c) your violation of this Agreement. MEGA will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding for which it seeks an indemnification from you upon becoming aware of it, but if MEGA is unable to communicate with you in a timely manner because of an inactive e-mail address for you, your indemnification obligation will continue notwithstanding MEGA’s inability to contact you in a timely manner. MEGA reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this Section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests to assist MEGA’s defense of such matter. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior express written consent of MEGA.
14. NO WARRANTY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE, AND ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USER CONTENT, THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND/OR MEGA CONTENT), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND MEGA HEREBY DISCLAIMS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, AND ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USER CONTENT, THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND/OR MEGA CONTENT), WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. MEGA DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR NOT INTERFERE WITH YOUR USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY OTHER APPLICATIONS ON THE DEVICE ON WHICH THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED OR INSTALLED, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY MEGA OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, BUT IN SUCH A CASE THE FOREGOING WILL BE APPLIED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MEGA OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USER CONTENT, THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND/OR MEGA CONTENT), HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF MEGA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL MEGA’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES (OTHER THAN AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN CASES INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY) EXCEED THE LESSER OF (A) THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO MEGA IN THE PRECEDING 12 MONTHS; OR (B) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($10.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, BUT IN SUCH A CASE THE FOREGOING WILL BE APPLIED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
16. THIRD PARTY DISPUTES. MEGA IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY MOBILE CARRIER, RADIO STATION OR OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, AND ANY DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, IS DIRECTLY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND YOU IRREVOCABLY RELEASE MEGA (AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, JOINT VENTURES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. 17. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENTS.
A. Respect of Third Party Rights. MEGA respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our Users to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Service.
B. Repeat Infringer Policy. MEGA’s intellectual property policy is to (a) remove or disable access to material that MEGA believes in good faith, upon notice from an intellectual property owner or his or her agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Service; and (b) remove any User Content you uploaded to the Service if you are a “repeat infringer” and terminate your right to use the Service. You are a “repeat infringer” if you are a User that has uploaded User Content or Feedback to or through the Service and for whom MEGA has received more than two takedown notices compliant with the provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 512 with respect to your User Content or Feedback. MEGA has discretion, however, to terminate the account of any User after receipt of a single notification of claimed infringement or upon MEGA’s own determination.
C. Procedure for Reporting Claimed Infringement. If you believe that any content made available on or through the Service has been used or exploited in a manner that infringes an intellectual property right you own or control, then please promptly send a “Notification of Claimed Infringement” containing the following information to the Designated Agent identified below. Your Notification of Claimed Infringement may be shared by MEGA with the User alleged to have infringed a right you own or control or the general public, and you hereby consent to MEGA making such disclosure. Your communication must include substantially the following:
1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
2) Identification of works or materials being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
3) Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit MEGA to locate the material;
4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit MEGA to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You should consult with your own lawyer and/or see (a) 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement; (b) “fair use” under 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq.
D. Designated Agent Contact Information. MEGA’s designated agent for receipt of Notifications of Claimed Infringement (the “Designated Agent”) can be contacted at: [email protected]
E. False Notifications of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notifications. The Copyright Act provides that: [a]ny person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [MEGA] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it. 17 U.S.C. § 512(f). MEGA reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a Notification of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notification in violation of the law. THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS OF THIS DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION DO NOT APPLY TO ANY CLAIM IN WHICH EITHER PARTY SEEKS RELIEF TO PROTECT SUCH PARTY’S COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS, AND OR PATENTS OR OTHER RIGHTS OF AN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NATURE.
18. Dispute Resolution. A. Mandatory Arbitration. Please read this carefully. It affects your rights. YOU AND MEGA AND EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE CORPORATE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS IN INTEREST, SUCCESSORS, PERMITTED ASSIGNS, AND ANY OTHER PARTIES ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE SERVICE AGREE TO ARBITRATION, AS THE EXCLUSIVE FORM OF DISPUTE RESOLUTION EXCEPT AS PROVIDED FOR BELOW, FOR ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICE. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Please visit www.adr.org for more information about arbitration.
1) Commencing Arbitration. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written notice of intent to arbitrate (a “Notice”), or, if you do not provide a mailing address to MEGA, to you via any other method available to MEGA, including via e-mail. The Notice to MEGA should be addressed to MEGA. The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (the “Demand”). If you and MEGA do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 90 days after the Notice is received, then you or MEGA may commence an arbitration proceeding as set forth below or file a claim in small claims court. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND THE SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER RELATED DISPUTES (THE “Rules”), AS MODIFIED BY THIS AGREEMENT. The Rules and AAA forms are available online at www.adr.org. If you are required to pay a filing fee to commence an arbitration against MEGA, then MEGA will promptly reimburse you for your confirmed payment of the filing fee upon MEGA’s receipt of Notice at the Arbitration Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration along with a receipt evidencing payment of the filing fee, unless your Demand is equal to or greater than $100.00 or was filed in bad faith, in which case you are solely responsible for the payment of the filing fee.
2) Arbitration Proceeding. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language. A single independent and impartial arbitrator will be appointed pursuant to the Rules, as modified herein. You and MEGA agree to comply with the following rules, which are intended to streamline the dispute resolution process and reduce the costs and burdens on the parties: (a) the arbitration will be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner to be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration will not require any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
3) No Class Actions. YOU AND MEGA AGREE THAT YOU AND MEGA MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. FURTHER, YOU AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS OF MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND THAT IF THIS SPECIFIC PROVISO IS FOUND TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THIS ONLY THIS SECTION A3 OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION SECTION WILL BE NULL AND VOID.
4) Decision of the Arbitrator. Barring extraordinary circumstances, the arbitrator will issue his or her decision within 180 days from the date the arbitrator is appointed. The arbitrator may extend this time limit for an additional 30 days in the interests of justice. All arbitration proceedings will be closed to the public and confidential and all records relating thereto will be permanently sealed, except as necessary to obtain court confirmation of the arbitration award. The award of the arbitrator will be in writing and will include a statement setting forth the reasons for the disposition of any claim. The arbitrator will apply the laws of the State of California in conducting the arbitration. You acknowledge that these terms and your use of the Service evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. The United States Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation, enforcement, and proceedings pursuant to the Mandatory Arbitration clause in this Agreement.
B. Equitable Relief. The foregoing provisions of this Dispute Resolution section do not apply to any claim in which either party seeks equitable relief to protect such party’s copyrights, trademarks, or patents. You acknowledge that, in the event of a breach of the Agreement by MEGA or any third party, the damage or harm, if any, caused to you will not entitle you to seek injunctive or other equitable relief against MEGA, and your only remedy will be for monetary damages, subject to the limitations of liability set forth in the Agreement.
C. Claims. You and MEGA agree that, notwithstanding any other rights the party may have under law or equity, any cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Service, excluding a claim for indemnification, must commence within one year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. D. Improperly Filed Claims. All claims you bring against MEGA must be resolved in accordance with this Dispute Resolution section. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Dispute Resolution section will be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to this Dispute Resolution section, MEGA may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $100,000, provided that MEGA has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
E. Modifications. In the event that MEGA makes any future change to the Mandatory Arbitration provision (other than a change to MEGA’s Arbitration Notice Address), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within thirty (30) days of the change to MEGA’s Arbitration Notice Address, in which case your account with MEGA and your license to use the Service will terminate immediately, and this Dispute Resolution provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject, will survive the termination of the Agreement.
19. Governing Law. The laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. To the extent that any action relating to any dispute hereunder is permitted to be brought in a court of law, such action will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and you hereby irrevocably submit to personal jurisdiction in such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum. Any lawsuit filed in federal court shall be brought in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. PLEASE NOTE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE WAIVING CLAIMS THAT YOU MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE AGAINST US BASED ON THE LAWS OF OTHER JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING YOUR OWN.
20. Recovery of Expenses. In any proceedings between the parties arising out of or relating to claims of intellectual property infringement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover from the other party, in addition to any other relief awarded, all expenses that the prevailing party incurs in those proceedings, including legal fees and expenses. For purposes of section, “prevailing party” means, for any proceedings, the party in whose favor an award is rendered, except that if in those proceedings the award finds in favor of one party on one or more claims or counterclaims and in favor of the other party on one or more other claims or counterclaims, neither party will be the prevailing party. If any proceedings are voluntarily dismissed or are dismissed as part of settlement of that dispute, neither party will be the prevailing party in those proceedings.
21. Jury Trial Waiver. Each party hereby waives its right to a trial by jury in any claims arising out of or relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Either party may enforce this waiver up to and including the first day of trial.
22. Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement or any of the rights or licenses granted hereunder, directly or indirectly, without the prior written consent of MEGA. This means that in the event you dispose of any device on which you have installed the Service, such as by sale or gift, you are responsible for deleting the Service from your mobile device prior to such disposition. MEGA may assign this Agreement, including all its rights hereunder, without restriction. Any assignment in violation of this Section is void.
23. Consent to Electronic Communications. By electronically signing this agreement, you affirmatively consent to receiving communications from us including but not limited to the service of all legal documents and court documents, through the email address provided to MEGA. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing, including the need to serve you personally with any summons and complaint for a lawsuit that may be filed in regard to your breach of Paragraph 10. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE HEREBY WAIVING ANY LEGAL RIGHT THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO CLAIM THAT PERSONAL SERVICE WAS INEFFECTIVE.
25. Contacting MEGA. If you have any comments, complaints, suggestions about this Agreement or the Service or otherwise would like to contact us, then you can contact MEGA by email at [email protected]
Your access to this Website and access to and use of the Service is governed by and conditioned on your express consent to this Agreement. You have thoroughly reviewed this Agreement to your satisfaction. By clicking on the “JOIN” button, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, just as if you had signed it in pen and ink.